JOB TITLE: Finance and Admin Manager
REPORTING TO: Reporting to: Head of Finance and Operations, Africa and the Country Manager, Ethiopia
COMMITMENT: Full time
DURATION: Indefinite contract
REMUNERATION: USD 1800 to USD 2000 gross salary - Negotiable and based on experience
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 15th of June 2021, applications will be reviewed on a
rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
INTERVIEWS: Expected to take place the last weeks of June 2021
START DATE: From July 2021 or upon agreement
The main responsibilities of this role is to manage the accounting and admin functions in Ethiopia including conducting regular monitoring and follow-up of a number of projects. This role is high-volume, with end-to-end hands on exposure, requiring someone with significant tenacity who can deliver results on-time.
- Lead the day-to-day work within the finance team in Ethiopia..
- Manage the finance and admin team to ensure smooth operations in the country office.
- Enforce and implement necessary accounting process controls to ensure quality and compliance including proposing updates to the financial policies and procedures
- Ensure the foundation is compliant with national statutory reporting and lead the local audit/s including project audits.
- Manage the finance and accounting systems in the Ethiopia office with support from the regional finance team in Accra.
- Prepare and analyze monthly project forecast and yearly financial latest estimate (cumulative current to year end position) and enforce associated budgetary controls.
- Prepare financial project reports to management, donors/partners as required.
- Lead financial support to the fundraising team, including financial budgets for fundraising purposes.
- Work day-to-day closely with the global finance team and respond to any additional assistance as required
- Manage procurement and logistics functions in the Ethiopia office and ensure proper accountability and compliance with all applicable policies.
- Provide support to the Country Manager in the yearly budget process.
- Facilitate and coordinate HR admin responsibilities & activities with support from the global HR team.
- Other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Be a thought partner to the Country Manager in Ethiopia.
- University degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field
- ACCA level II student or Qualified (or equivalent desirable)
- Minimum of 5+ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with an NGO and international NGO is an advantage
- Previous experience of accounting software such as Sage is an added advantage
- Previous experience of project controlling is preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- Very good spoken and written fluency in English
- Willing to do some travel regionally
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Passionate and committed to Reach for Change’s mission, social change, social entrepreneurship and our programs.
- Approach work with a collaborative “can do” attitude and a desire for continuous improvement
- Flexible and see change as a natural condition
- Structured, independent and ability to take on ownership from start to finish of tasks/projects
- Mature, balanced personality with ability to maintain a cool head under high peak periods with intense pressure
- Fast learner with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities.
Reach for Change recognises that creating the change we want to see around us starts with ourselves, in our own organization. That is why it is important for us to strive to represent the change we want to see in the world. As a team, we strive to be diverse and inclusive along many dimensions. We believe that the wide array of perspectives results from such diversity and promotes innovation and success. We therefore invite every candidate to bring their unique individual strengths.