POSITION: Program & Impact Director
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Lead the Global Program & Impact team. Key member of the Management Team.
REPORTING TO: CEO, Sofia Breitholtz
WHERE: Global, Remote, with a preference on candidates based in one of our markets; Ghana, Ethiopia, Sweden, Bulgaria, Denmark or potentially other African markets.
COMMITMENT: Full time
DURATION: Indefinite contract
REMUNERATION: Fixed monthly salary based on experience and qualification and location.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30th of June 2021, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted
INTERVIEWS: Expected to take place the last weeks of June 2021
STARTING DATE: From August 2021 or upon agreement
About the role
The Program & Impact Director will play a critical role in helping Reach for Change deliver on its ambitious 2030 vision, overseeing the development and execution of a broad range of programs that empower social entrepreneurs to help children to better lives. As part of a smart, brave and passionate team you will be responsible for ensuring the alignment between program and impact strategy, development, delivery, monitoring, evaluation and learning. With excellent leadership skills, the ideal candidate will have the ability to lead and guide the Program and Impact team in reaching Reach for Change ’s strategic and programmatic objectives and be eager to contribute to our high-energy and collaborative global team.
About Reach for Change
Reach for Change is an international non profit organization with the mission to unleash the power of innovation and entrepreneurship to create a better world for children and youth. We find and support local, early stage social entrepreneurs to scale their innovations and solve the most pressing issues faced by children. Our core product is development programs for social entrepreneurs, in which the entrepreneurs are supported to scale their innovations through capacity building, networks and funding. Being co-created by successful entrepreneurs in the non-profit and the business sector in 2010 in Sweden, we have a portfolio of 600+ social entrepreneurs in 18 countries across three continents (Africa, Central Asia and Europe) who, together with us, have positively impacted more than 4 million children’s lives to date.
For more information about Reach for Change, visit our website www.reachforchange.org.
Your main responsibilities will include:
A. Program & Impact Strategy & Leadership
- Lead the development and execution of the program & impact pieces of Reach for Change’s global and country level strategies to ensure the organization successfully achieves its Vision 2030.
- Lead & work closely with the Global Program Manager & Impact Managers (currently 5 direct reports) to ensure: 1) continual improvement of our core programs to drive targeted impact outcomes 2) high quality delivery of RfC programs in all markets.
- Work closely with the Partnerships & Fundraising team to ensure all new programs align with strategy and are developed to a high standard.
- Lead the Impact Team to ensure that all MLE is optimized to drive internal learning and external thought leadership, and that all MLE is executed to a high standard.
- Manage strong relationships with our existing Country and Program Managers who are responsible for implementing the programs; inform, coach and train them in new and updated programs.
B. Program Development & Execution
- Ensure high quality programme development of all programs.
- Ensure high quality execution of our programs.
- Ensure high quality monitoring, evaluation & learning of all our programs.
- Oversee the development of new programs, including tools and processes to meet 2030 strategy and specific funding calls/partnerships.
- Drive change by ensuring continuous improvement of our tools and processes to run programs.
- Drive/Ensure 2021-2024 strategic planning forward and build a network of implementing partners.
C. Organizational and thought leadership
- Embody and lead Reach for Change’s core values of smart, brave and passionate together with the rest of the management team.
- Contribute to building the sense of “One RfC” by promoting a collaborative culture and efficient sharing of resources across teams.
- Input into and drive the organizational evolution (e.g. business model, scenario planning, etc.), global strategy setting and review (including relevant OKR follow-up)
- Support the CEO in 1) strategic planning, 2) management of the day to day operations of the organization and 3) Management team meetings/functioning as part of the global management team.
- Work closely with Management & Communications Team colleagues to help drive RfC’s external Thought Leadership agenda, through speaking / presenting engagements, writing, participation in key external panels, working groups etc.
- Build external networks & relationships to support partnership, fundraising & program success.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to guide a team in reaching Reach for Change ’s strategic and programmatic objectives.
- Proven track record of empowering others and leading a team with strong results.
- Experience working in multicultural and managing relationships and activities remotely/virtually.
- A demonstrated ability to work with diverse people from different cultures.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible leadership or management positions, with a distinguished record of relevant accomplishments in the non-profit sector and/or business or private sector.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and executing on strategy & program delivery, preferably with institutional and development donors.
- Proven track record of success in representing an organization with partners; government agencies, private sector organizations, media and donors nationally and globally.
- Experience from corporates, high-net-worth individuals and the general public is a plus.
- Knowledge on current thinking and practices in the field of social entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship, livelihoods, economic growth and development a strong plus.
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of funders and influencers and build long-term relationships - the holder of this post must develop and nurture relationships across a wide spectrum of stakeholders (Government, Donors, INGOs and local NGOs, academic bodies, private sector entities and relevant local civil society etc.)
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills in English.
- Good IT computer skills and familiarity with Google Suite, MS Office and remote, cross functional online working.
Skills and personal attributes:
- Smart, brave and passionate!
- A smart strategic leader who is passionate about social change.
- Possess a combination of brave entrepreneurial spirit and strong drive.
- Approach work with a collaborative “can do” attitude and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Flexible and see change as a natural condition.
- Fast learner with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly gain credibility internally and externally with senior stakeholders.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work sensitively with diverse people, cultures and communities.
- Sensitive to cross cutting issues and approaches such as gender, child protection, accountability, resilience, inclusion and behavior change.
- Ambitious and passionate for Reach for Change’s mission.
- Embrace and work by Reach for Change’s core competencies.
Reach for Change recognizes that creating the change we want to see around us starts with ourselves, in our own organization. That is why it is important for us to strive to represent the change we want to see in the world. As a team, we strive to be diverse along many dimensions such as ethnicity, gender, language, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, beliefs, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability, thinking styles, experience, and education. We believe that the wide array of perspectives results from such diversity and promotes innovation and success. We therefore invite every candidate to bring their unique individual strengths.