JOB TITLE: Impact Officer, Ethiopia
REPORTING TO: Africa impact Manager
COMMITMENT: 18 months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30th September, 2021, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Reach for Change
Reach for Change is an international non profit organization with the mission to unleash the power of innovation and entrepreneurship to create a better world for children and youth. We find and support local, early stage social entrepreneurs to scale their innovations and solve the most pressing issues faced by children. Our core product is development programs for social entrepreneurs, in which the entrepreneurs are supported to scale their innovations through capacity building, networks and funding. Being co-created by successful entrepreneurs in the non-profit and the business sector in 2010 in Sweden, we have a portfolio of 600+ social entrepreneurs in 18 countries across three continents (Africa, Central Asia and Europe) who, together with us, have positively impacted more than 4 million children’s lives to date.
Reach for Change Ethiopia was registered in Ethiopia in 2015 as a Foreign Organization. Our work focuses on women’s economic empowerment, creating sustainable jobs for youths, innovation for improving education through building the capacity of local social entrepreneurs. Since 2015 we have supported the development of more than 200 social entrepreneurs and impacted the lives of over 200000 children, youth and women in Ethiopia. For more information about Reach for Change, please consult our website www.reachforchange.org.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Support the strengthening and improvement of the Impact Management Measurement system for specific projects and the country office (develop MEL standards, plan, tools etc.) in line with internal and stakeholders information need
- Support project design when needed
- Ensure relevant tools are in place to track results at social enterprise, community, and ecosystem levels
- Ensure all required data are collected, analyzed and communicated on timely manner
- Ensure all the gathered data are available and accessible for continuous improvement and programming purpose
Support for Social Enterprises (SEs)
- Support social entrepreneurs in our programs to develop impact measurement system
- Support CLs to achieve their impact targets (tool development, beneficiary tracking, outcome level measurement – qualitatively and quantitatively, data collection and analysis)
- Attend development chats and capture impact related needs of change leaders and facilitate support accordingly
Baseline, Evaluation, Assessments
- Support the planning and implementation of baseline, evaluation, and assessments (both internal and external/outsourced)
- Ensure all the baseline, evaluation and assessment are conducted as scheduled
- Support in ensuring that reports meet the required quality standards
Reporting and learning
- Check quality of change leader results/reports
- Compile beneficiary reach numbers and achievements for donor government reporting and external communication purposes
- Support with preparing internal, donor and government reports
- Support Ethiopia Country Office Program Team to capture and share good experiences and learnings
- Support the development of learning materials and disseminate results monitoring, evaluation and assessment on a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in a development field, project management, social science, economics, or relevant discipline
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible professional experience in a performance monitoring and/or evaluation role with an international development organization.
- Experience in measuring results of entrepreneurship and green business/economy project/program
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Passionate and committed to Reach for Change’s mission, social change, social entrepreneurship and our programs.
- Approach work with a collaborative “can do” attitude, strong interpersonal skills and a desire for continuous improvement
- Flexible and sees change as a natural condition
- Structured, independent and ability to take on ownership from start to finish of tasks/projects
- Mature, balanced personality with ability to maintain a cool head under high peak periods with intense pressure
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills
- Ability to create organizational work plans based on higher-level goals
- Skills in supporting staff with a variety of levels of knowledge and capabilities
- Strong organizational skills in order to balance competing priorities
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and data base management
Reach for Change recognizes that creating the change we want to see around us starts with ourselves, in our own organization. That is why it is important for us to strive to represent the change we want to see in the world. As a team, we strive to be diverse and inclusive along many dimensions. We believe that the wide array of perspectives results from such diversity and promotes innovation and success. We therefore invite every candidate to bring their unique individual strengths.